Developed by Crazy Rocks and published by PlayWay, Contraband Police has just been released on Steam! It’s a unique merge of an action game, simulator, and classical border control that could recall your memories of “Papers, Please”. Your job is to make sure no illegal stuff makes it through the border, and if it does… at least take your fair share in it 😉
Dutyfullness, bribes, car chases, searching for contraband, and shootings. It all goes along and changes dynamically in Contraband Police. To find out what the game looks like, head over to our new release trailer:
About Contraband Police
The year is 1981, and as a young officer trainee, you are assigned to work at a border post in the mountainous region of Karikatka. The party strictly regulates entry into the Acarist People’s Republic and monitors your every move! The situation at the border escalates when your comrade is killed during one of the interventions…
- Document control – Every visitor must have a set of valid documents. Even the slightest discrepancy means refusal of entry. Over time, the number of documents will increase and errors will be more difficult to detect.
- Smuggling detection – Our intelligence regularly provides information about suspicious drivers. Search their vehicles using a UV flashlight and use the appropriate tools to extract the smuggled goods. No amount of contraband should cross the border!
- Shootouts – In some situations, you will be forced to use firearms. Your station is a constant target for Oberankov’s gang attacks, and every away mission carries the risk of a clash with the enemy.
- Police chases – Desperate smugglers may attempt to escape from the control zone. It is your duty to stop and arrest them! Buy and upgrade police cars to improve the effectiveness of your pursuit.
- Post management – Upgrade your police station to increase defences and improve subsequent inspections. However, keep in mind the rising cost of maintaining your station. Successful inspections, foiled smuggling and successful interventions are a few ways to earn cash.
- Special assignments – Always be ready to intervene in an emergency. Solve crime puzzles, support your comrades and thwart the Blood Fist rebels. Make decisions that will determine the future of Acaristan.