Today, Riot Games kicked off the start of Season 2022 in the world’s most popular MOBA with a live stream that previewed what’s to come in League of Legends across PC, Wild Rift, and esports. In addition to celebrating players and the start of the 2022 ranked season, the League team also revealed the newest champion, Zeri, the Spark of Zaun.
Starting today, MOBA players can celebrate Season 2022 through in-game events and rewards as they begin to forge their first moments of the new year.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Start of Ranked
- The ranked season has begun, complete with visual refreshes for each ranked tier
In-Client VGU & Thematic Voting (Jan. 7-19)
- VGU: Shyvana, Nocturne, Tryndamere, Skarner, Kog’maw
- Thematic: Infernal, Gothic, Arclight
Missions & Rewards
- Missions unlock daily from Jan 7 – Jan 13
- Season 2022 Icon
- 1500 Blue Essence
- Eternals Capsule
- Forge God – Season 2022 Ward
- The Call Emote
- 500 Orange Essence
- Hextech Chest + Key
Season 2022 Clash Tournament
- January 15th – January 16th
- The first new skin thematic of the year is a celebration of the Year of the Tiger!
- A new Challenges system is coming to League of Legends
- Players will be able to track their progress across many aspects of their League experience, from perfectly executed plays to you-had-to-be-there moments to ultra-rare collections and more
Mythic Content Overhaul
- Changes to League’s rare and exclusive content systems are coming this year, including upgraded Prestige skins, a new Mythic Essence currency, and a revamped Event Pass experience!
- In a few months, new terrain changes are coming to Wild Rift
- Within each game, one element will dominate the rift (Infernal, Mountain, Ocean, or Cloud), altering the map
- Sett and Yuumi in patch 3.0
- Karma and Shen in patch 3.1
- Over 100 teams are gearing up, and our 12 regional leagues are ready to kick things off this season!
WILD RIFT ESPORTS
- Wild Rift Esports is introducing the eight regional leagues that will be joining our competitive ecosystem.
- These regions will be the foundation for Wild Rift Esport’s global competitive structure, bringing their own unique flavour and style to the sport.
- Wild Rift Esports also announced its first official global tournament, the Wild Rift Icons Global Championship, which will take place this summer in Europe!
- Wild Rift Icons will be the highest level of competitive play and will crown the Wild Rift world champion.
Zeri, the Spark of Zaun
Run fast, charge up, shoot the bad guys. Zeri, the Spark of Zaun, surges onto the Rift in patch 12.2!
“I stood up for my community. I can stand up for others too.”
Passive – Living Battery
Zeri gains Move Speed whenever she receives a shield. When she damages an enemy shield she absorbs its energy, shielding herself.
Q – Burst Fire
Passive: Zeri’s basic attack deals magic damage, scales with AP, and is treated as an ability. Moving and casting Burst Fire stores up energy in Zeri’s Sparkpack. When fully charged, her next basic attack will slow and deal bonus damage.
Active: Burst Fire shoots a burst of 7 rounds that deal physical damage to the first enemy hit.
Burst Fire scales with AD and is treated like an attack, with the first round applying on-hit effects. Its cooldown matches Zeri’s basic attack timer.
W – Ultrashock Laser
Zeri fires an electric pulse that slows and damages the first enemy hit. If the pulse hits a wall it fires a long range laser from the point of impact.
E – Spark Surge
Zeri dashes a short distance and energizes her next 3 casts of Burst Fire, causing them to pierce through enemies. She will vault over or grind along any terrain she dashes into, depending on the angle. Hitting a champion with an attack or ability reduces Spark Surge’s cooldown.
R – Lightning Crash
Zeri discharges a nova of electricity, damaging nearby enemies, and overcharges herself for a moderate duration. While overcharged, Zeri gains increased damage, Attack Speed, and Move Speed. Attacking enemy champions refreshes the overcharge duration and adds another stack of Move Speed. While overcharged, Burst Fire’s damage concentrates into a faster triple shot that chains lightning between enemies.
“Fight’s gettin’ messy. At least I’m consistent.”
Withered Rose Zeri
Zip, zap, and zoom with Zeri in patch 12.2!
A new set of Firecracker skins is coming soon to League of Legends on both PC and Wild Rift:
- Firecracker Teemo
- Firecracker Diana
- Firecracker Xin Zhao
- Firecracker Sett
- Firecracker Tristana
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles. Riot is also expanding the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, board games, and the upcoming animated series Arcane. Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill, and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 3,000+ Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.