RIOT GAMES AND NETFLIX RELEASE FIRST TRAILER FOR ANIMATED SERIES ARCANE LAUNCHING NOVEMBER 7 AT 3 AM CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (CET)
- Arcane, Riot’s first tv series, will premiere on Saturday, November 7 at 3 AM CET. The show will premiere on Tencent video in China and Netflix globally just hours after the League of Legends Worlds Final.
- The show is structured into three distinct acts with three episodes per act. The first three episodes focus on the very beginnings of the two sisters and will launch on November 7. The second act will launch a week later on November 13, and the third act will release on November 20.
- The premiere of the show will be at the center of a global celebration for gamers and fans of the League of Legends IP.
Nicolo Laurent, CEO of Riot Games: “Players all over the world love League and its universe. Their passion is what inspires us to create expressions of Runeterra worthy of their fandom. The launch of Arcane is the beginning of the next chapter for Riot and we can’t wait for players to see what we have in store for them across games, entertainment, and sports.” “In recognition of this moment, we’re putting players at the center of an amazing launch experience. Worlds and Arcane will combine to form a unified, global celebration, blending competition, entertainment, and community in a whole new way. Think about it like a super weekend for players.”
- Based on the world behind League of Legends, Arcane dives into the delicate balance between the rich city of Piltover and the seedy underbelly of Zaun. Known across Runeterra as the “city of progress,” many of the most brilliant minds call these cities home. But the creation of hextech, a way for any person to control magical energy, threatens that balance. While Arcane holds the backstories of League of Legends champions, the series is designed to stand on its own as a complex world filled with moral decisions, breathtaking animation, and suspenseful storytelling.
o Christian Linke, Co-Creator of Arcane: “When we set out to produce Arcane, we knew that we had something really special with the story of Jinx and Vi. We wanted to explore the idea of what you would do for your family, what values you’d compromise, and the conflict you’d endure. The story, combined with the hand-painted art style and nuanced character animation we created in partnership with Fortiche, will bring players a rich glimpse into the world of League of Legends.”
- Players will see some familiar faces in Arcane, like Jinx, Vi, Jayce, and Caitlyn, and learn about the events that made them into the iconic champions we know today as we push their stories forward. Players will also be introduced to some new faces too, like Vander and Silco, who are both citizens of Zaun and play critical roles in shaping the evolving world.
o Alex Yee, Co-Creator of Arcane: “Arcane is a story of duality. How characters become divided across two halves of a city with values and opportunities that are opposite but complementary. Each with their own merits and flaws. You may be the hero in your story, but the villain in someone else’s.”
- The champions in Arcane are the ones players have come to love in our games. They should feel very familiar, but there might be some differences from what you remember as we’ve adapted them for the TV show format.
- The show will explore the extremes our characters will go to when family and tradition are put at odds with their principles and beliefs. Their personal struggles impact the world in ways they never expect and shape the future of the sister cities.
- Earlier this week, Riot announced the global voice actors for Arcane. Below is a selection of the global English language cast:
- Vi – Hailee Steinfeld
- Caitlyn – Katie Leung
- Jayce – Kevin Alejandro
- Silco – Jason Spisak
- Jinx – Ella Purnell
- Mel – Toks Olagundoye
- Vander – JB Blanc
- Viktor – Harry Lloyd
Netflix and Riot Games bring the global phenomenon League of Legends franchise to television with the animated event series Arcane. The series will also be available on Tencent video in China and marks Riot Games’ first series for television. Set in Riot’s globally popular League of Legends IP, Arcane is an animated series developed and produced by Riot Games in partnership with Fortiche Productions. TWITTER & IG: @arcaneshow
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics,Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles, while exploring the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, TV, and more. Riot has also launched a publishing group, Riot Forge, to collaborate with third-party developers on additional games set in the League universe. Forge’s first title, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, is a story-driven, turn-based role-playing game (RPG) being developed by Airship Syndicate. Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 3,000 Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.