Gamedec is a single-player non-combat cyberpunk isometric RPG. You are a game detective, who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. Use your wits to gather info from your witnesses and suspects, get to the bottom of deceptive schemes, save lives, and investigate the extraordinary relationships between virtual worlds and their inhabitants. The game continually adapts to your choices and never judges – You are the sum of your choices.
Funded in just 36 hours when it debuted on Kickstarter, Gamedec has had a lot of eyes on it right out of the gate. Why don’t we start with taking a look at the reveal trailer from Gamescom 2019 to get warmed up?
Ok ok ok… now, we’re 2 years later and on the verge of Gamedec releasing worldwide. The finish line is near!
In the 2 years since that reveal trailer, the team at Anshar has been working tirelessly towards this moment. The plan is coming together, and the Date Reveal trailer provides even more information as to how Gamedec will engage players in this unique brand of detective work.
One of Gamedec’s biggest goals is to allow for high replayability due to each playthrough being entirely different from the one before it based on each decision impacting the game in its own way. How many ways can you branch the narrative? For our last look into Gamedec – for now – have a look at the Narrative Branching trailer from last month!
Gamedec General Features:
- Interact with NPCs to gather intel and access different dialogue options depending on your choices, developed profession and acquired knowledge.
- Visit numerous virtual worlds – from the deceitful farm-like environment, through dark-noir cyberpunk realities to fantasy-based realms.
- Use your Codex and Deduction to unscramble facts and evidence to conclude the case. Find your own answer and respond accordingly to your own ethics, integrity or just a sense of poetic justice.
- Shape your Character through actions that grant positive or negative effects – Determine how to you want to be perceived by the other by selecting traits, which correspond to your gameplay style. Develop your own Gamedec through your decisions, choices, and actions.
- Meet various characters in both Realium and Virtualium that can be friendly, or hostile – depending on your decisions throughout the game.