SKÖVDE, Sweden – April 29th, 2020: Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games are pleased to reveal the launch date of Deep Rock Galactic. The extreme space mining co-op first FPS launches globally on May 13th on Steam, Xbox One, and the Microsoft Store for $29.99/€29.99/£24.99, dwarfing anything that’s come before.
Watch a new launch date teaser for Deep Rock Galactic here.
Deep Rock Galactic began its voyage in 2016 before heading into Early Access in 2018, inviting players to dig deep on the mineral-rich planet Hoxxes IV and take up arms as one of four classes of badass dwarven miners. Each dwarven class comes with their own invaluable set of skills and gear and a clear mission: Work as a team, extract rare and valuable minerals across multiple Biomes to keep the corporation profitable, and try to survive the endless hostile alien infestation. A new fully narrated game trailer can be seen here.
Since its reveal, Deep Rock Galactic has surpassed one million sales and seen thousands of miners recruited who have helped to evolve the core features of the game and destroy the bugs. Month after month, the game has been updated with tons of new features and content, such as enemies, weapons, missions, perks, assignments, deep dives, through to vanity items, beard physics, dwarven shouts, and a multitude of beers in the Abyss Bar.
EO, Ghost Ship Games. “Our focus has always been co-op first so to create something that truly requires teamwork meant we needed to team up with the community. We want to thank our players for their support and feedback after four years we’re incredibly excited to officially launch.”
Deep Rock Galactic will launch with two cosmetic DLC packs including new sets of
“Deep Rock Galactic was one of the first games we signed. The journey from the Closed Alpha through to launch has been incredible and it’s been fantastic to see such a passionate community support the game’s development,” said Anton
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.